Thursday, November 20, 2014

There is always time in a day...for needing more time

This blog isn't so much reflective as it is kind of a statement of what I am hoping to get done in the next few weeks. Aside from the second job I just picked up (you know, in case the current one along with full time school wasn't enough) I decided that I want to expand on my idea of a "Working Class" and develop a syllabus and maybe even start working on a website for it. I really like the idea of the word press that Kim and Peter have for their classes and am wondering if I can emulate that in some way or find a way to create a site where blogs can be included as well updates on daily/weekly goals.

Right now the idea is very up in the air about details and I need to bring it down to earth and start actually applying it. I am thinking of creating "lesson plans" so to speak to really get an idea of how the class will be structured and potentially work out. I am aware of the flexibility I will need when putting this together because it is going to be very broad and I can imagine it will be a very fluctuating and moving class where things will have to change as we go along and nothing is set in stone.

I think what my biggest obstacle is right now is that I really, honestly feel I know nothing of a 130 class. I know that will change next semester when I take 634 (?) and get to understand the 130 space better. For now I am going to make a mock up based on the research I have done in other classes as well as what I have learned in my 30 class. I might deviate a bit from the prezi I made, but only because I think after going over it I saw a few things that could be improved or maybe included, not included. I had some great suggestions given to me after my presentation and I think, especially since it came from those who know and do most, it will be a very big benefit.

In the end, I think this project is going to be more for something that I can apply in the future for 634 (?) and hope that based on what I have learned in this digital class, maybe throw in some more digital stuff that includes the site, give students the option to video conference, google chat, etc. I would like to see what kind of digital options that are used in every day offices, environments that can help benefit the students in the future. Good luck, Kyleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment